Wonderful little things are chia seeds, Here’s why…
- They deliver a huge amount of nutrients with very few calories. Chia isn’t the ancient Mayan word for ‘strength’ for no reason.
- They are loaded with antioxidants
- They are around 40% fibre by weight, making them one of the best sources of fibre in the world.
- They contain quite a lot of protein compared to most plants, making them an excellent protein source, especially for people who eat little or no animal products.
- They are high in calcium, magnesium and phosphorus, all important for bone health.
- They can improve exercise performance as much as sports drinks.
- They are super easy to incorporate into your diet. Thanks to their relatively bland taste they can be added into pretty much anything. They can be eaten raw, soaked in juice, added to porridges and puddings or added to baked goods or to sauces to help thicken them.
Unsurprisingly we sell them! Why not have a Chia seed pot with honey and lemon for your breakfast this week!